from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An Untouchable.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. In Indian society, someone who does not belong to a caste.
- v. To expel from a caste.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In India, one who has suffered expulsion from caste.
- To put (a person) out of his caste; cause to lose caste.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. not belonging to or having been expelled from a caste and thus having no place or status in society
- n. a person belonging to no caste
Sorry, no etymologies found.