from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Not lawful; illegal.
- adj. Contrary to accepted morality or convention; illicit.
- adj. Of, relating to, or being a child or children born to unmarried parents.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Prohibited; not permitted by law (either civil or criminal law; see illegal).
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Not lawful; contrary to law.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Not lawful; contrary to law; illegal; not permitted by law, human or divine; not legalized: as, an unlawful act; an unlawful oath; an unlawful society.
- Begotten out of wedlock; illegitimate.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. contrary to or forbidden by law
- adj. not conforming to legality, moral law, or social convention
- adj. not morally right or permissible
- adj. having no legally established claim
- adj. contrary to or prohibited by or defiant of law
Sorry, no etymologies found.