from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Exhibiting bad taste: an off-color joke.
- adj. Varying from the usual, expected, or required color.
- adj. Not in good health or spirits.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. dirty, vulgar or obscene
- adj. different than usual
- adj. in poor health
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. humorously vulgar; mildly obscene; risque.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Not of standard coloration; differing from the shade or pattern of color considered as characteristic. The term is generally applied to domesticated animals.
- Somewhat improper or indecent.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. in violation of good taste even verging on the indecent
- adj. humorously vulgar
Sorry, no etymologies found.