from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Obscene, lewd, or vulgar: "[He] uses language so aggressively raunchy that he seems to be insisting his choice of vocabulary, at least, is no sin” ( Wall Street Journal).
- adj. Sexually explicit.
- adj. Exhibiting lust.
- adj. Slang Grimy; unkempt: a raunchy closet full of dirty socks.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Very low class; inferior; inadequate.
- adj. With dishonorable, base and vulgar expression.
- adj. Having socially unacceptable sexual behavior.
- adj. Sexually seductive.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. thickly covered with ingrained dirt or soot
- adj. earthy and sexually explicit
- adj. suggestive of or tending to moral looseness
Origin unknown.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)