from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Obscene, lewd, or vulgar: "[He] uses language so aggressively raunchy that he seems to be insisting his choice of vocabulary, at least, is no sin” ( Wall Street Journal).
- adj. Sexually explicit.
- adj. Exhibiting lust.
- adj. Slang Grimy; unkempt: a raunchy closet full of dirty socks.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Very low class; inferior; inadequate.
- adj. With dishonorable, base and vulgar expression.
- adj. Having socially unacceptable sexual behavior.
- adj. Sexually seductive.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. thickly covered with ingrained dirt or soot
- adj. earthy and sexually explicit
- adj. suggestive of or tending to moral looseness
They brought in raunchy dances which Derek made indecent.
But when I hear the word raunchy, to me that describes Jenna Jameson.
Audiences have become more discriminating about their choices in raunchy humor, so I am pegging Role Models for something in the $12. 7M range and a 2nd place finish.
July 22, 2008 10: 27 AM wow, nice ... lets go see what she's been up to (nothin raunchy i hope LOL) ... go blogHers!!!
Jackie Collins has been called a "raunchy moralist" by the late director Louis Malle and "Hollywood's own Marcel Proust" by Vanity Fair magazine.
But it is his inner angel that holds the Gregson family together and maintains a loving environment for characters and viewers alike, even when the show is at its most rude and raunchy, which is much of the time.
She complained that the L.A. Times article used "graphic descriptions that make the material sound like hard-core porn when, in fact, it is more accurately described as raunchy humor."
The artist formerly known as a raunchy rocker returns, and now he's got a new tamer persona.
The artist formerly known as the raunchy rocker returns, but this time with a new tamer persona.
After all, Hockney is best known as the raunchy Californian sensualist who painted sun-kissed boys gliding through the azure swimming pools of Los Angeles in the Sixties.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.