from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Offensive to good taste; unseemly.
- adj. Offensive to public moral values; immodest. See Synonyms at improper.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. offensive to good taste
- adj. not in keeping with conventional moral values; improper, immodest or unseemly
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Not decent; unfit to be seen or heard; offensive to modesty and delicacy.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Not decent.
- Grossly vulgar; offensive to modesty; obscene; lewd.
- Synonyms Indelicate, indecorous, immodest, gross, shameful, impure, filthy, obscene, nasty.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. offensive to good taste especially in sexual matters
- adj. offending against sexual mores in conduct or appearance
- adj. not in keeping with accepted standards of what is right or proper in polite society
Sorry, no etymologies found.