from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Inordinately interested in matters of sex; lascivious.
- adj. Characterized by an inordinate interest in sex: prurient thoughts.
- adj. Arousing or appealing to an inordinate interest in sex: prurient literature.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Uneasy with desire; itching; especially, having a lascivious anxiety or propensity; lustful.
- adj. Arousing or appealing to sexual desire.
- adj. Curious, especially inappropriately so.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Uneasy with desire; itching; especially, having a lascivious curiosity or propensity; lustful.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Itching; having an eager desire or longing for something.
- Inclined to lascivious thought; of an unclean habit of mind; sensual.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. characterized by lust
Latin prūriēns, prūrient-, present participle of prūrīre, to yearn for, itch; see preus- in Indo-European roots.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Latin prūriēns, present participle of prūriō ("itch") (Wiktionary)