from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Lascivious; lecherous.
- adj. Of or characterized by frank, uninhibited sexuality.
- adj. Scots Ill-mannered.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Sexually aroused; full of sexual lust.
- adj. Rude or coarse in manner, primarily Scottish in usage.
- n. impudent beggar
- n. boisterous, coarse, loose woman
- n. virago
- n. one and a half twist acrobatic maneuver
Possibly from obsolete rand, to rant, from obsolete Dutch randen, ranten.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
1690, from Scottish randy ("boisterous, aggressive"), of uncertain origin. Probably from rand ("to storm, rave", v), a variant of rant, see rant; or from rand ("edge", noun), in the sense of "edgy, on edge", from Middle English rand ("edge, brink, margin, border"), from Old English rand ("edge, border, margin, rim"). Related to randan. (Wiktionary)