from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Covered with, full of, or consisting of sand.
- adj. Having characteristics similar to sand.
- adj. Of the color of sand; light yellowish brown.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Covered with sand.
- adj. Sprinkled with sand.
- adj. Like sand, especially in texture.
- adj. Having the colour of sand.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Consisting of, abounding with, or resembling, sand; full of sand; covered or sprinkled with sand.
- adj. Of the color of sand; of a light yellowish red color.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Consisting of or containing sand; abounding in sand; covered or sprinkled with sand: as, a sandy desert or plain; a sandy road or soil.
- Resembling sand; hence, unstable; shifting; not firm or solid.
- Dry; arid; uninteresting.
- Of the color of sand; of a yellowish-red color: as, sandy hair.
- n. Same as sandy laverock (which see, under laverock).
- n. A Scotsman, especially a Lowlander.
- n. A Tasmanian fish, Uphritis urvillii. Also called the freshwater flathead.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. resembling or containing or abounding in sand; or growing in sandy areas
- adj. of hair color; pale yellowish to yellowish brown
sand + -y (Wiktionary)