from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of a yellowish colour.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Tending toward a yellow color, or to one of those colors, green being excepted, in which yellow is a constituent, as scarlet, orange, etc.
- adj. Possessing, imparting, or producing a yellow color.
- adj. Of or pertaining to xanthic acid, or its compounds; xanthogenic.
- adj. Of or pertaining to xanthin.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Tending toward a yellow color; of or relating to xanthin; yellow, referring to the color of the urine.
Sorry, no etymologies found.