from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of gild.
- adj. Having the color or quality of gold.
- adj. Made of gold or covered by a thin layer of gold.
- adj. Having a falsely pleasant appearance; sugarcoated.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. rich and superior in quality
- adj. having the deep slightly brownish color of gold
- adj. based on pretense; deceptively pleasing
- adj. made from or covered with gold
Sorry, no etymologies found.