from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To cover with gold; to gild.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Covered with gold; gilded.
- transitive v. To cover with gold; to gild.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To cover with gold; gild.
- Covered or seeming to be covered with gold; gilded; gilt.
- In entomology, having metallic golden luster, as striæ, punctures, foveæ, and depressed margins in certain Coleoptera.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.