from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Made of or resembling flax.
- adj. Having the pale grayish-yellow color of flax fiber: flaxen braids.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Made of or resembling flax fibers.
- adj. a pale yellow brown; the colour of dried flax stalks and of the fiber obtained therefrom.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Made of flax; resembling flax or its fibers; of the color of flax; of a light soft straw color; fair and flowing, like flax or tow
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of flax; made of flax: as, flaxen thread.
- Resembling flax in color, as hair; fair and flowing like flax.
- Pertaining to flax.
- To beat or thrash.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of hair color; pale yellowish to yellowish brown
Sorry, no etymologies found.