from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Deep black.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. coal-black; the blackest black
- adj. coal-black; of the blackest black
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Black as jet; deep black. See first jet.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of the deepest black; black as jet.
- n. A deep black color; specifically, an acid coal-tar color of the disazo type, derived from disulpho-azo-benzene-alpha-naphthylamine. It dyes wool a deep bluish black in a mildly acid or neutral bath.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a very dark black
- adj. of the blackest black; similar to the color of jet or coal
From jet1.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)