from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of a gray color, somewhat resembling that of iron freshly broken.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of a gray hue approaching the color of freshly fractured iron.
- n. A hue of gray approaching the color of freshly fractured iron.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the color of freshly broken cast iron
- adj. of the grey color of iron
Sorry, no etymologies found.