from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Very dark blue.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A very dark blue.
- n. Black with bluish highlights.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a pigment of a blue black color.
- adj. of, or having, a very dark blue color, almost black.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of a bluish-black color.
- n. A name of ivory-black, from its bluish hue; a color resembling ivory-black.
- n. A well-burnt and levigated charcoal prepared from vine-twigs. Also called vine-black.
- n. In making black leathers, the foundation for the final color, a bluish black which when finished is a jet-black on the grain side.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of black tinged with blue
Sorry, no etymologies found.