from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The top stone of a structure or wall.
- n. The crowning achievement or final stroke; the culmination or acme.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any of the stones making up the top layer of a wall; a coping stone
- n. A crowning achievement, culmination or finishing touch
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A fossil echinus of the genus Cannulus; -- so called from its supposed resemblance to a cap.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In architecture, the uppermost or finishing stone of a structure, as of a parapet, a turret, etc.
- n. In zoöl, a fossil echinite (sea-urchin) of the genus Conulus: so named from its resemblance to a cap.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a stone that forms the top of wall or building
- n. a final touch; a crowning achievement; a culmination
Sorry, no etymologies found.