from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A person or thing that melts.
- n. Specifically, a furnace used for melting iron in a foundry, or a laborer who operates such a furnace.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who, or that which, melts.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who melts; specifically, the official in a mint who superintends the melting of gold and silver for coining.
- n. A furnace, pot, or crucible used for melting any substance; a melting-pot: as, a melter for combining the ingredients in the manufacture of sealing-wax.
- n. Same as milter.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a worker who melts substances (metal or wax etc.)
melt + -er (Wiktionary)