from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The process of compacting or the state of being compacted.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The process of compacting something, or something that has been compacted.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of making compact, or the state of being compact.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of making or the state of being compact.
- n. A compact or an agreement.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the act of crushing
- n. an increase in the density of something
From French compaction, from Latin compactionem, from compingere. (Wiktionary)