from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A person who makes something smooth or shiny.
- n. A tool that makes something smooth or shiny.
- n. A machine that makes something smooth or shiny.
- n. A person who refines something.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who, or that which, polishes; also, that which is used in polishing.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who or that which polishes.
- n. In bookbinding, a steel tool of rounded form, used for rubbing and polishing leather on book-covers.
- n. Same as polissoir.
- n. In marble-working, a hinged horizontal arm, carrying a polishing-disk. It is adjustable to various heights and is free to swing over the table on which the slabs of marble to be polished are laid.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a power tool used to buff surfaces
Sorry, no etymologies found.