from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A woman's blouse or bodice styled like a tailored shirt.
- n. See shirtdress.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a woman's tailored blouse, buttoned down the front
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- A woman's blouse resembling a men's shirt in cut and style; -- in England called a blouse.
- a type of woman's dress with a bodice tailored like a shirt; -- also called shirt dress, shirtwaist dress, and shirtwaister.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A garment for women's and children's wear, resembling a shirt in fashion, but worn over the underclothing, and extending no lower than the waist, where it is belted.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a blouse with buttons down the front
Sorry, no etymologies found.