from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Used as a modifier before a noun.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- conj. because.
- pro. That belongs to thee; the possessive form of thou.
- pro. your (informal); that belongs to you (singular).
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- pro. Of thee, or belonging to thee; the more common form of thine, possessive case of thou; -- used always attributively, and chiefly in the solemn or grave style, and in poetry. Thine is used in the predicate. See thine.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to thee: possessive of the pronoun thou, second person singular. It is used in solemn and grave style. See thine.
I shall probably never see thee more; but in quitting thy white-cliffed shores, I quit not my ardent attachment and veneration for thee; -- and now for _thy_ eldest daughter beyond the ocean!
"Well, then, let thy son marry _thy_ daughter, and bestow the treasure on the young couple for a marriage portion."
"Bid not thy guard to shoot again, Meriamun, lest the arrow find _thy_ heart, for, know this, no man may harm me;" and once more she lifted her veil, and speaking to those at the gates said: "Open, I beseech you, and let the Hathor pass."
This shall be thy pilgrim brightness, this _thy blessed portion now_.
_Then_, surely, thee would forgive; thy heart is not so hard as thee would have me believe; thee wishes me happiness, I cannot doubt, but thinks it will come in _thy_ way, not in mine.
_ -- Oh that this day's labor may be blessed! and not mine alone, but all thy faithful servants all over the world, till _thy
God told David, by the mouth of Nathan, when he upbraided him with his ingratitude for the blessings he had given him, and said, "And I gave thee thy master's house, and _thy master's wives_ into thy bosom."
Lucille, thy prayer be granted, if he recover his sight, _thy_ charm is gone, he will love thee no longer.
'Our Father which art (God) in Heaven, '_hallowed be thy name, thy_
So true is it, that "thy people shall be _willing_ in the day of _thy power_!"
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.