from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Used as a modifier before a noun: our accomplishments; our hometown.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- pro. Belonging to us.
- pro. Of, from, or belonging to the nation, region, or language of the speaker.
- pro. used before a person's name to indicate that the person is in one's family, or is a very close friend.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- Of or pertaining to us; belonging to us
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining or belonging to us: as, our country; our rights; our troops. Ours is a later possessive form from our, and is used in place of our and a noun, thus standing to our in the same relation as hers to her, yours to your, mine to my: as, the land is ours; your land and ours.
- n. A former spelling of hour.
- n. For words so beginning, see uro-.
We had a good quarter, delivering income from operations higher than our outlook, said CEO Carol Bartz, our search share has stabilized.
But we get most of our mail-order loose teas from Upton Tea Imports, and *our* turnaround on shipping is quick because we happen to be in the same state as they are Massachusetts
And that in choosin 'me to guard the great booby he was playin' into our hands, makin 'our task even easier by handin' me on a plate the golden opportunity that every Hungarian patriot has been prayin 'for this ten years past.
Mach and I agreed to serve the Adverse Adepts and Contrary Citizens in return for their protection and sanction o 'our liaisons with our chosen fe - males.
VIEW FAVORITES yahooBuzzArticleHeadline = 'Poverty keeps growing in the U.S. but the press is almost blind to it'; yahooBuzzArticleSummary = 'our political discourse tends to focus on the middle class and neglect the poor, while our actual tax and spending policies are often directed to the benefit of the wealthy.
Clause (1) should certainly state that the SUPPORT needed for our troops is a demand for an immediate removal of 'our troops 'from the chaos that is Iraq.
The reality is that we cannot save ourselves by saving only our family or 'our kind. '
One former Tamil sympathizer in London has written, 'our liberator became our Pol Pot. '
He added that the Sharia was 'our dream come true 'and that it is our constitutional right.
Peter Morales to clearly articulate just how he plans to "grow" U*Uism from the "tiny, declining, fringe religion" he acknowledges that it is today in his "stump speech" into "the religion of our time" as per his campaign slogan within *our* time, let's say 25 years at the outside. . .
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.