from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A young salmon during its first two years of life, when it lives in fresh water.
- n. The young of various other fishes.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Young salmon, between fry and smolt.
- n. A young leveret.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A young salmon in the stage when it has dark transverse bands; -- called also samlet, skegger, and fingerling.
- n. A young leveret.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A young salmon having dark cross-bars and spots on the sides, not yet ready to go down to the sea; a brandling. A parr becomes, in the next stage of growth, a smolt.
- n. By extension, the young of some other fishes, as the codfish, of corresponding age.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. Queen of England as the 6th wife of Henry VIII (1512-1548)
- n. a young salmon up to 2 years old
- n. the young of various fishes
 It has lately been proved, beyond doubt, that the parr is a young salmon, not a distinct fish.
"parr," a small bright-looking fish, four or five inches long, with dark-colored bars across the sides and a row of red spots.
October 24th, 2009 at 9: 49 pm übung mein jung mach auch beat box seit 4 jahren lad blad parr videos hoch mit hanni alberto und ich
Pate missed a birdie putt but Watkins missed a three-footer for parr and handed Pate his first win since the 1998 CVS Charity Classic.
It was a jewel of a trout, more songbird than fish, with white tips to its fins, bold parr marks, and a red lateral line that ran through its eye.
Not much scares me in this life but this government terrifys me. on February 13, 2008 at 3: 05 pm | Reply deborah parr
Keep up the blog on February 13, 2008 at 8: 21 am | Reply deborah parr seriously someone got called a slag and was reported to the police?
Mechanistic effects of a Triazine pesticide on reproductive endocrine function in mature male Atlantic salmon (Salmo salar L.) parr.
Atlantic salmon (Salmo salar) in winter: the season of parr discontent?
After reading the article, ads such as this is parr for the course and should be expected.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.