American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. The coho salmon.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A salmon, Oncorhynchus kisutch, found from San Francisco northward and on the Asiatic coasts southward to Japan.
- n. An anadromus and semelparous salmon, Oncorhynchus kisutch, found in the coastal regions of the northern Pacific Ocean, used as a symbol by several Native American tribes.
- n. fatty pinkish flesh of small salmon caught in the Pacific and Great Lakes
- n. small salmon of northern Pacific coasts and the Great Lakes
- The earlier spelling "cohose" was re-interpreted as a plural form (for a similar development, see pea). From Halkomelem. (Wiktionary)
“Sunday evening, Oct. 23, in West Seattle, a public drumming ceremony will call coho back to Fauntleroy Creek.”
“We fished the tide change [Tuesday] at Jeff Head and got an 18 pound coho, which is one of the biggest I've gotten in Puget Sound.”
“BLM officials and environmental groups say endangered wildlife, such as coho salmon, the northern spotted owl and the marbled murrelet, a diminutive seabird that nests in old-growth redwoods, would be disturbed if new trails were cut and hikers, horse riders or mountain bikers poured in.”
“One problem: federal agencies responsible for protecting threatened species such as coho salmon and marbled murrelets don't think timber harvests can be increased by a third under the current system of habitat protections without causing harm.”
“California, fisherman and tribal members unsuccessfully pushed for a temporary moratorium on suction dredging to protect threatened fish such as coho salmon.”
“In California, fisherman and tribal members unsuccessfully pushed for a temporary moratorium on suction dredging to protect threatened fish such as coho salmon.”
“Ask for help choosing between king, coho and sockeye salmons, and a dozen or so other smoked fish.”
“Though doctored up a bit with baby coho salmon, fresh fennel, basil and brandy, it seemed intimately related to cioppino.”
“So the cuffs aren't around your forearms in a riding position. coho replied to comment from Mitch”
“Both of the coho were caught on size 3 Mepps Aglia silver blade spinner.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘coho’.
lots and lots of fish, a piscatorial
All salmon all the time!
Also see asativium's excellent Salmon I am list.
local wind names
Names of places, animals, plants, people, etc. found in and around Alaska.
BC Specific terms.
Looking for tweets for coho.