from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A young or small fish, especially a young salmon or trout.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A young salmon or trout.
- n. A type of small potato grown primarily in North America.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A young salmon. See parr.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A finger of a glove.
- n. Some small thing no bigger than a finger; specifically, a very small salmon or a small trout.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a young or small fish
From finger + -ling. (Wiktionary)