from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A compact roll of tobacco leaves prepared for smoking.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Tobacco, rolled and wrapped with an outer covering of tobacco leaves, intended to be smoked.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A small roll of tobacco, used for smoking.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A cylindrical roll of tobacco for smoking, pointed at one end for insertion into the mouth and cut at the other for lighting.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a roll of tobacco for smoking
Spanish cigarro, possibly from Maya sik'ar, from sik, tobacco.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Spanish cigarro, of uncertain origin; perhaps from cigarra ("cicada") or from Mayan sicar ("to smoke tobacco leaves"). (Wiktionary)