from The Century Dictionary.
- noun A light, or moderately heavy, fall of rain, hail, or sleet; used absolutely, a fall of rain.
- noun Figuratively, a full of any liquid in drops, or of solid objects in large number.
- noun A copious supply bestowed; liberal distribution.
- noun In pyrotechny, a device in which small stars of a slow-burning composition fall from rockets or shells, presenting the appearance of a shower of fire.
- noun An attack; an assault; a conflict; a battle.
- To water with or as with a shower; wet copiously with rain.
- Hence, to wet copiously with water or other liquid in the form of spray or in drops: as, to
showerplants from a watering-pot; to shower one's head in bathing; to shower a convict as a punishment.
- To discharge in a shower; pour down copiously and rapidly; bestow liberally; distribute or scatter in abundance.
- To rain in showers; fall as a shower: as, tears showered down his cheeks.
- noun One who or that which shows or exhibits.
- noun A looking-glass; a mirror.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun One who shows or exhibits.
- noun obsolete That which shows; a mirror.
- noun A fall or rain or hail of short duration; sometimes, but rarely, a like fall of snow.
- noun That which resembles a shower in falling or passing through the air copiously and rapidly.
- noun rare A copious supply bestowed.
- noun a bath in which water is showered from above, and sometimes from the sides also.
- transitive verb To water with a shower; to ��t copiously with rain.
- transitive verb To bestow liberally; to destribute or scatter in �undance; to rain.
- intransitive verb To rain in showers; to fall, as in a hower or showers.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun One who
- noun slang A man whose
penisappears full size both when flaccidand when erect.
- noun A brief fall of
- noun A device for
bathingby which water is made to fall on the body from a height, either from a tank or by the action of a pump.
- noun An instance of using of this device in order to bathe oneself.
- noun A quantity of something that has characteristics of a rain shower.
- noun A party associated with a significant event in a person's life, at which the person usually receives gifts.
- noun obsolete A
battle, an attack; conflict.
- noun UK, Australia, pejorative A
shower of shit.
- noun euphemistic, pejorative Used as an intensifying pluralizer or intensifier
- verb followed by with To spray with (a specified liquid).
- verb To
batheusing a shower.
- verb to
bestowliberally, to giveor distributein abundance
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun a brief period of precipitation
- verb rain abundantly
- verb expend profusely; also used with abstract nouns
- verb provide abundantly with
- verb spray or sprinkle with
- verb take a shower; wash one's body in the shower
- noun someone who organizes an exhibit for others to see
- noun a party of friends assembled to present gifts (usually of a specified kind) to a person
- noun washing yourself by standing upright under water sprayed from a nozzle
- noun a sudden downpour (as of tears or sparks etc) likened to a rain shower
- noun a plumbing fixture that sprays water over you
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
Help support Wordnik (and make this page ad-free) by adopting the word shower.
Predicting the outcome of a triathlon race, because results can turn on factors as unforeseeable as a flat tire or a sudden rain shower, is a fool's undertaking.
USATODAY.com - International training pays off for U.S. triathletes
(I assume that repairing a shower is a special favor for him).
Superhero Nation: how to write superhero novels and comic books » Becca’s Review Forum
Seeing a naked person clearly standing there while you are in the shower is my new definition of creepy.
Arguably, the shower is an important workspace, as I do a lot of plotting and pondering in there.
The problem with our shower is a minor one but can get my goat.
With a unique bathtub shape and a classic rain shower, the ice was broken and the rest of the items just come to complete the overall pleasant image of this interior.
At some point, an artificial rain shower began fall from the ceiling (to match the tropical Tiki theme, I suppose), and Christa got a photo of me hiding beneath a paper umbrella:
"Sometimes, getting laid is more important than killing orc kings."
What they call a storm here is just a rain shower with some thunder back home.
The problem is the cold shower from the nozzle of a hose after.
Doing a pigeage on Pinot - photo caption | Dr Vino's wine blog
No one should have to tolerate such an awkward environment as currently exists in which the person standing next to you in the shower is potentially sexually attracted to you.
Gates considering selective enforcement of 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell'
moore4th commented on the word shower
I gave my dog a bath and he looked like a soggy cream of wheet.
February 15, 2007
fearraigh commented on the word shower
I prefer its use for a contemptible group.
February 22, 2007