from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To present as a gift to a fund or cause; contribute.
- transitive v. Medicine To provide (blood, tissue, or an organ) for transfusion, implantation, or transplant.
- transitive v. Chemistry To provide (an electron or atom, for example) for combination with an acceptor.
- intransitive v. To make a contribution to a fund or cause.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To make a donation; to give away something of value to support or contribute towards a cause or for the benefit of another.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To give; to bestow; to present.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To give; present as a gift; contribute.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. give to a charity or good cause
Will Palin donate a measley $1000 to his campaign or merely ignore him? jack
Become the CEO of some massively large company and then force that company to never again donate money to political campaigns.
The true charity is not in donate some money, but in we donate, donate our time.
How much you donate is up to you - I personally think a minimum of AUS$5. 00 is reasonable.
My offer of signed books for people who donate is still open.
Strikingly, however, the proportion of those earning between £12,000 and £20,000 who donate is much greater: 72 per cent.
Details: Every time you buy one of Tevolution's delicious teas you can enter the text code behind the label to donate $0.25 to one of four causes.
Mayor-elect Emanuel kept his word to donate $5,000 to charity if the @MayorEmanuel author came forward and met Sinker earlier this month on the set of a Chicago radio show.
If it is a large charity with high street shops, such as Oxfam or Barnardo's, the easiest way to donate is to drop off your foreign cash at the store.
The video news segment states that egg donors must be a certain age, usually 21 to 34 with a limit on the number of times a woman can donate, which is about six times.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.