from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A pot which holds water for washing.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A pot or vessel in which anything is washed.
- n. A pot containing melted tin into which the plates are dipped to be coated.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A vessel prepared for the washing of anything.
- n. In tin-plate manuf., a pot kept filled with clean bright melted tin, in which each sheet of iron, after it has left the tin-pot and had the superfluous metal removed from it with a hempen brush, receives its final coating of tin.
wash + pot (Wiktionary)