American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- v. To be great in number or amount.
- v. To be fully supplied or filled; teem. See Synonyms at teem1.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To be in great plenty; be very prevalent.
- To be unstinted in possession or supply (of anything); be copiously provided or furnished (with anything). To be rich or affluent (in), as that which is a special property or characteristic, or constitutes an individual distinction: as, he abounds in wealth or in charity.
- To teem or be replete (with), as that which is furnished or supplied, or is an intrinsic characteristic: as, the country abounds with wealth, or with fine scenery.
GNU Webster's 1913
- v. To be in great plenty; to be very prevalent; to be plentiful.
- v. To be copiously supplied; -- followed by
- v. be abundant or plentiful; exist in large quantities
- v. be in a state of movement or action
- Middle English abounden, from Old French abonder, from Latin abundāre, to overflow : ab-, away; see ab-1 + undāre, to flow (from unda, wave; see wed-1 in Indo-European roots). (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“God is able to make _all_ grace abound, that ye may _abound_ in”
“To know how to abound, i far greater blefling then to abound* Eccl”
“Here again examples abound from the United States to China and many countries in between.”
“Jokes and disdain abound for non-performing lines, and Tube delays play a regular role in the daily hustle.”
“The only place where "realists" abound is in ivory towers, as I understand it.”
“At Famagusta on the south coast, where sunny sandy beaches abound, is the newly erected Grecian Hotel, considered to be very fine.”
“Wild his work is assuredly — extravagant sometimes to our wish, and supernatural even to the very limits of poetic belief; but the genius is stamped on every page: feelings such as the muse delights in abound, nay overflow, while a true heroic loftiness of soul, such as influenced devout men of old when they warred for their country, glows and flashes through the whole narrative.”
“And calls abound to avoid offending those who kill us.”
“Smaller-scale units of musical expression abound without being judged unworthy.”
“Two key words appear in includes doing good with our money], for at the proper time this verse: the word abound is used twice, and the word all we will reap a harvest if we do not give up "(Galatians 6: 9) or every five times.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘abound’.
A Russian Doll word is a word that, when you remove the first and last letters, is either the empty string, or a Russian Doll word. These are all of the 6 or more letter Russian Doll words found in...
A list of words that are odd or words that I have looked up.
words pertaining to the root spe- (hope) with some allegorical liberties.
mostly from magoosh
the list of vocabularies from 1100 words you need to know Barron's.
Words with the letter b within the word, not just as the initial or last letter.
Looking for tweets for abound.