from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Occurring in or marked by abundance; plentiful. See Synonyms at plentiful.
- adj. Abounding with; rich: a region abundant in wildlife.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Fully sufficient; plentiful; in copious supply; -- followed by in, rarely by with.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Plentiful; present in great quantity; fully sufficient: as, an abundant supply.
- Possessing in great quantity; copiously supplied; having great plenty; abounding: followed by in.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. present in great quantity
Middle English aboundant, from Old French abondant, from Latin abundāns, abundant-, present participle of abundāre, to overflow; see abound.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)