from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Characterized by diffusion.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of, pertaining to, or caused by diffusion
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having the quality of diffusing; capable of spreading every way by flowing; spreading widely; widely reaching; copious; diffuse.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having the quality of diffusing or spreading by flowing, as fluids, or of dispersing, as minute particles: as, water, air, light, dust, smoke, and odors are diffusive substances.
- Extending in all directions; widely reaching; extensive: as, diffusive charity or benevolence.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. spreading by diffusion
Sorry, no etymologies found.