from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Without concern for ones own advantage; selfless or self-sacrificing
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Refusing to gratify one's self; self-sacrificing.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Denying one's self; characterized by self-denial.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. willing to deprive yourself
- adj. used especially of behavior
Sorry, no etymologies found.