from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Characterized by elevated ideals or conduct; noble.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Given to idealism.
- adj. Refined, cultured, particularly civilized.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Proud; arrogant.
- adj. Having, or characterized by, honorable pride; of or pertaining to elevated principles and feelings; magnanimous; -- opposed to mean.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to an elevated mind; having or resulting from high principle; honorable; magnanimous: as, a high-minded ruler; a high-minded act.
- Proud; arrogant: as, high-minded confidence.
- Synonyms 1. Honorable, noble, generous, lofty, chivalrous, high-toned.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of high moral or intellectual value; elevated in nature or style
Sorry, no etymologies found.