from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Adhering to the law.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Obeying the laws of society; not a lawbreaker; without a criminal record.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Abiding the law; waiting for the operation of law for the enforcement of rights; also, abiding by the law; obedient to the law.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Abiding or standing by the law; obedient to law: as, law - abiding citizens.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. (of individuals) adhering strictly to laws and rules and customs
Sorry, no etymologies found.