American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Practicing or marked by economy, as in the expenditure of money or the use of material resources. See Synonyms at sparing.
- adj. Costing little; inexpensive: a frugal lunch.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Economical in use or expenditure; avoiding unnecessary expenditure either of money or of anything else which is to be used or consumed; sparing; not prodigal or lavish.
- Characterized by or indicating economy.
- Synonyms Choice, careful, chary, thrifty.
- adj. Avoiding unnecessary expenditure either of money or of anything else which is to be used or consumed; avoiding waste.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. Economical in the use or appropriation of resources; not wasteful or lavish; wise in the expenditure or application of force, materials, time, etc.; characterized by frugality; sparing; economical; saving.
- adj. Obtained by, or appropriate to, economy.
- adj. avoiding waste
- From Latin frugalis "virtuous, thrifty" (Wiktionary)
- Latin frūgālis, virtuous, thrifty, from frūx, frūg-, fruit, virtue. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“Pent-up demand, as well as what I call frugal fatigue are starting to kick in.”
“Just keep in mind that being frugal is not a bad thing, but being cheap is not so attractive.”
“The point you make about being frugal is one of the most amazing things Buffett has stuck to.”
“Another answer when pressured to not be frugal is to say we choose to spend our money on different things and blank is just not a priority for us.”
“Matt found this recipe on one of his money blogs its called a frugal recipe, Get Rich Slowly & requested it for a dinner this week.”
“Type in "frugal homemaking" and find ways to avoid shelling out money.”
“Your best friend Dick Meriwell's employed by the F.B.I. Lady, lady, make you phone calls frugal -”
“It also highlighted that Steele fired Jay Banning, "someone known as a frugal and meticulous bookkeeper," and replaced him with a pal.”
“Lets face it, the Republicans lost the word frugal a long long time back.”
“The main way to be frugal is the do things the old way:) Such as, cooking from scratch, baking bread, making household cleaners, sewing etc.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘frugal’.
A Russian Doll word is a word that, when you remove the first and last letters, is either the empty string, or a Russian Doll word. These are all of the 6 or more letter Russian Doll words found in...
A list of words that are odd or words that I have looked up.
all your words are belong to me.
words when I found them in the articles
During the month of September, post at least 10 new words to this list. Make sure you cite where you read the word (book/author/pg) and quote the context/sentence where you found it. If someone has...
most vocab in the textbook Page till end chapter 2.
Looking for tweets for frugal.