American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Not significant or important enough to be worth considering; trifling.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Capable or admitting of being neglected or disregarded; neglectable.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. That may be neglected, disregarded, or left out of consideration; too small or unimportant to be worthy of notice.
- adj. so small as to be meaningless; insignificant.
- adj. not worth considering
- Latin neglegere, negligere, to neglect; see neglect + -ible. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“Officials tell us that the amount of anthrax found in the mail was what they call negligible, that it actualy required two tests to even find it, so they don't think it's a large amount.”
“We are in negligible credit card debt compared to others with four or five times the income.”
“Besides, Ireland is really not so negligible from the commercial-theatrical point of view as some of our more despondent patriots seem to suppose.”
“For less invasive procedures such as normal dentistry the risk is described as "negligible.”
“Cooper's reward for the killing was described as "negligible" in court.”
“Those that we've consolidated are closed, in general, were long-term negligible producers of either a return on capital or any type of operating profit.”
“The contribution of high networth individuals in the fund is expected to be negligible, which is traditional in corporate private equity funds such as this.”
“No one wants to work with him, no one can stand him, but without him, the show is even more negligible, which is why they keep him around.”
“In my experience, bodies leak a negligible amount of fluid, but you may want to put a plastic sheet down, just in case.”
“For the purposes of English history his chronicles are entirely negligible, which is the reason why they have been allowed to remain unpublished and in oblivion.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘negligible’.
A complete Barron's Wordlist for GRE preparation. Your online flashcard replacement.
â€¢ The word must have an even number of vowels.
â€¢ There must be four or more vowels; thus, at minimum, an A-A-A-A or A-B-B-A pattern.
â€¢ The vowels must appear in a mir...
Tricksy buggers! I've not included those where neither is favorable.
Looking for tweets for negligible.