from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Superficial; shallow: a skin-deep acquaintanceship.
- adv. In a shallow manner; superficially.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. shallow, superficial.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Not deeper than the skin; hence, superficial.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Not penetrating or extending deeper than the thickness of the skin; superficial.
- In a superficial manner; superficially; slightly.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. penetrating no deeper than the skin:
Sorry, no etymologies found.