from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The outline of the growth of hair on the head, especially across the upper forehead and temples.
- n. A very slender line.
- n. Printing A very fine line on a typeface.
- n. Printing A style of type using such lines.
- n. A textile design having thin, threadlike stripes.
- n. A fabric, usually a worsted, with such stripes.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. the line along one's forehead where hair starts growing.
- n. the thinnest line that can be drawn using some graphics software
- adj. very thin, as thin as a hair
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a line made of hair; a very slender line.
- n. a very thin line.
- n. the natural margin formed by hair on the head, especially the edge of growth of hair on the forehead.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A very slender line made in writing or drawing; a hair-stroke.
- n. In printing, a very thin line on a type; also, a style of type consisting entirely of thin lines.
- n. Same as hair-cord.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a very thin line
- n. the natural margin formed by hair on the head
Sorry, no etymologies found.