from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. See zygomatic bone.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The small prominent bone of the cheek.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. the bone of the side of the face; esp., the malar bone.
- n. the arch of bone beneath the eye that forms the prominence of the cheek.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The malar bone, forming the prominence below the outer angle of the eye.
- n. The superior maxillary or upper jaw-bone, forming most of the bony basis of the upper jaw.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the arch of bone beneath the eye that forms the prominence of the cheek
From Middle English chekbon, from Old English ċēacbān ("cheekbone"), equivalent to cheek + bone. (Wiktionary)