from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Any of the short hairs fringing the edge of the eyelid.
- n. A row of the hairs fringing the eyelid.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. One of the hairs which grow along the edge of eyelids.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The fringe of hair that edges the eyelid; -- usually in the pl.
- n. A hair of the fringe on the edge of the eyelid.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One of the small hairs or bristles which grow in a row, or in rows, on the edges of the eyelids; a cilium of the eyelid; a lash.
- n. Either one of the two rows or lines of hairs which respectively fringe the upper and lower eyelid; the superior or inferior cilia; a series of eyelashes collectively. See cut under eye.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. any of the short curved hairs that grow from the edges of the eyelids
Sorry, no etymologies found.