American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. The hair growing on the human upper lip, especially when cultivated and groomed.
- n. Something similar to the cultivated, groomed hair on the human upper lip, as:
- n. A group of bristles or hairs about the mouth of an animal.
- n. Distinctive coloring or feathers near the beak of a bird.
- n. Food or drink sticking conspicuously to the upper lip: wiped the milk mustache from my face.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The beard worn on the upper lip of men; the unshaven hair of the upper lip: frequently used in the plural, as if the hair on each side of the lip were to be regarded as a mustache.
- n. . A long ringlet hanging beside the face, a part of a woman's head-dress in the seventeenth century.
- n. In zoology:
- n. Hairs or bristles like a mustache; whiskers; rictal vibrissæ mystaces.
- n. A mystacine, malar, or maxillary stripe of color in a bird's plumage.
- n. A growth of facial hair between the nose and the upper lip.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. That part of the beard which grows on the upper lip; hair left growing above the mouth.
- n. (Zoöl.) A West African monkey (Cercopithecus cephus). It has yellow whiskers, and a triangular blue mark on the nose.
- n. (Zoöl.) Any conspicuous stripe of color on the side of the head, beneath the eye of a bird.
- n. informal A stain or discoloration on the upper lip of a person.
- n. an unshaved growth of hair on the upper lip
- French moustache, from Italian dialectal mustaccio, from Medieval Greek moustakion, from Greek mustax, mustache, upper lip. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“Speaking of boots, Thon muffed his fair share of ground balls as a journeyman middle infielder, but on this squad his mustache is an all-star.”
“I said, twirling my mustache is a Snidely Whiplash fashion.”
“Cito Gaston may be underappreciated, but his mustache is not.”
“He's back with an update, and his mustache is bigger and better than ever.”
“Chemist: just out of curiosity, the Hitler mustache is OK, though?”
“Her mustache is reminiscent of Zorro … she just needs her sword and mask!”
“Paused, added, with a froth mustache from the pint, giving him the appearance of a sage”
“A pencil thin mustache gives him a less corny “Snidely Whiplash” appearance.”
“I like how the mustache is off just by a fraction of an inch.”
“And that stupid little mustache is definitely not cool!”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘mustache’.
A list of words that are odd or words that I have looked up.
i suppose, all of the words & phrases yoni wolf uses in alopecia, that i love.
Okay, I admit it. I made a list of words my daughter knew when she was two years old.
Step #1: Pick a noun
Step #2: Add "Wars" after it
Step #4: PROFIT!
Looking for tweets for mustache.