from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The zygomatic bone.
- n. The zygomatic arch.
- n. The zygomatic process.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The cheekbone.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The jugal, malar, or cheek bone.
- n. The zygomatic process of the temporal bone.
- n. The whole zygomatic arch.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The bony arch or arcade of the cheek, formed by the malar or jugal bone and its connections: socalled because it serves to connect bones of the face with those of the skull about the ear.
- n. The malar or jugal bone itself, without its connections.
- n. The cavity under the zygomatic process of the temporal bone; the zygomatic fossa.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the slender arch formed by the temporal process of the cheekbone that bridges to the zygomatic process of the temporal bone
New Latin zygōma, zygōmat-, from Greek zugōma, bolt, from zugoun, to join; see yeug- in Indo-European roots.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Ancient Greek ζύγωμα (zugōma), from ζυγόν (zugon, "yoke") (Wiktionary)