from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having rocks or rock outcroppings; rocky.
- adj. Firm and unyielding, especially with regard to one's principles, loyalties, or beliefs: a rock-ribbed conservative.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. having rocky cliffs or outcroppings
- adj. obstinately firm and unyielding in one's opinions
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having ribs of rock.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. abounding in or bordered by rocky cliffs or scarps
- adj. tradition-bound and obstinately opinionated
Sorry, no etymologies found.