American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or resembling heather.
- adj. Flecked with various colors.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A place where heaths grow; a house in which valuable heaths are cultivated.
- Of, pertaining to, or resembling heather; abounding with heather; heathy.
- adj. Of, pertaining to, or abundant in heather.
- adj. Like or resembling heather.
- n. A place where varieties of heath are grown in a controlled environment.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. Heathy; abounding in heather; of the nature of heath.
- From heath + -ery. (Wiktionary)
“It will be a bluegreenpurple heathery squooshy wool scarf when it grows up.”
“It's Lambs Pride Superwash in Mysterious Fuchsia - a beautiful heathery damson purple.”
“Standing recently upon the heathery crest of Hartcliff Hill we looked due west, where the Woodhead Road climbs Bord Hill, where the darkling moortops were suddenly illuminated.”
“Up there at the edge of the heathery waste this new family must surely be open to risks less common in territory usually occupied by pheasants.”
“Ten minutes later, they were rattling over a narrow road atop a heathery mountain.”
“The fabrics are super soft and in muddy heathery colors that feel like the end of summer and have that cozy feel to take you into fall.”
“Glen Garioch 1991 Single Malt Add an ice cube and it tastes as advertised: vanilla and butterscotch with a burst of heathery smoke.”
“He climbed back into \expndtw-1 the Land Rover and drove off into the heathery darkness of \expndtw0 the Sutherland highlands. \cf0\par”
“Their caravan was set on a heathery hill, just off the road, not far from a farm-house.”
“I've been looking at a map, " said Mr. Martin, after breakfast, and spread a large one out on the heathery ground, where they had all sat having breakfast in the warm sun.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘heathery’.
The Book is "Bird by Bird" by Anne Lamott. (Great book!)
words from other Wordies.
Looking for tweets for heathery.