from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having many splinters.
- adj. Given to splintering.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Consisting of splinters; resembling splinters.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Apt to splinter: as, splintery wood.
- Consisting of or resembling splinters.
- In mineralogy, noting a fracture of minerals when the surface produced by breaking is slightly roughened by small projecting splinters or scales.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. resembling or consisting of or embedded with long slender fragments of (especially) wood having sharp points
- adj. subject to breaking into sharp slender pieces
splinter + -y (Wiktionary)