from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The act of delineating; depiction
- n. An image of the outline of an object
- n. A graphic verbal description
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of representing, portraying, or describing, as by lines, diagrams, sketches, etc.; drawing an outline; ; in drawing and engraving, representation by means of lines, as distinguished from representation by means of tints and shades; accurate and minute representation, as distinguished from art that is careless of details, or subordinates them excessively.
- n. A delineated picture; representation; sketch; description in words.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act or process of delineating; the act of representing, portraying, or depicting.
- n. Representation, whether pictorially or in words; sketch; description.
- n. Synonyms Sketch, etc. (see outline,n.); drawing, draft, portrait; account, description.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a drawing of the outlines of forms or objects
- n. representation by drawing or painting etc
- n. a graphic or vivid verbal description
Sorry, no etymologies found.