Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act or process of delineating; the act of representing, portraying, or depicting.
- n. Representation, whether pictorially or in words; sketch; description.
- n. Synonyms Sketch, etc. (see outline,n.); drawing, draft, portrait; account, description.
- n. The act of delineating; depiction
- n. art An image of the outline of an object
- n. A graphic verbal description
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. The act of representing, portraying, or describing, as by lines, diagrams, sketches, etc.; drawing an outline; ; in drawing and engraving, representation by means of lines, as distinguished from representation by means of tints and shades; accurate and minute representation, as distinguished from art that is careless of details, or subordinates them excessively.
- n. A delineated picture; representation; sketch; description in words.
- n. a drawing of the outlines of forms or objects
- n. representation by drawing or painting etc
- n. a graphic or vivid verbal description
“Its delineation is that of a "SuperPAC," which (under non-technical terms) means it can raise unlimited amounts of money from varying sources and spend that advocating for or against candidates.”
“Linework follows the presence of várzea habitats along these rivers according to IBGE and the eastern delineation is the confluence of the Japurá with the Solimões Rivers.”
“M. J.Hyland's delineation is impeccable and page-turningly unputdownable.”
“He displays no power whatever in delineation of character.”
“It is avowedly a pastoral drama, and sets forth a whole troop of gods and goddesses; with nothing that can properly be called delineation of character.”
“Which thing before we take in hand, perhaps it will not be unacceptable to the reader, if we describe the sea of Gennesaret, and the places adjoining, by some kind of delineation, according to their situation, which we take up from the”
“In front, in the flat part, a kind of delineation appeared for a face.”
“Have such a pattern drawn from my sound words, in opposition to the unsound doctrines so current at Ephesus, vividly impressed (Wahl translates it "delineation"; the verb implies "to make”
“This is often paired with much lower geological risk due to prior vertical well delineation, said Laurance Narbut , a co-portfolio manager for Passport's energy strategy.”
“People like to truncate things in order to understand them but in reality there's no clear delineation.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘delineation’.
A list of words that are odd or words that I have looked up.
These come from gamma meditation ,I think.
an immense, grandiloquent list that loads like a thousand years sentence in stone. new words are in the other lists.
Words to remember from Melville's "The Confidence Man"
Looking for tweets for delineation.