American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. The systematic representation and dimensional specification of mechanical and architectural structures.
- v. present participle of draft.
- n. The act or process of producing a technical drawing, or draft.
- n. The art of producing technical drawings.
- n. A profession, usually related to making technical drawings for architecture, engineering, or manufacturing.
- n. The practice among ground vehicle drivers or cyclists of following in a close line to reduce wind resistance.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. writing a first version to be filled out and polished later.
- n. the craft of drawing blueprints.
- n. a creation of artistic drawings.
- n. the creation of artistic pictures or diagrams
- n. writing a first version to be filled out and polished later
- n. the craft of drawing blueprints
“Kind of a new twist on the term drafting, if you get my drift.”
“Isakson vehemently opposes the House and Senate health care bills and he played no role in drafting language added to the House bill by House Democrats calling for the government to incentivize doctors by offering them money to conduct “end-of-life counseling” with Medicare patients every five years.”
“The SEC contends the duo "played an instrumental role in drafting a series of misleading communications to investors.”
“Madison, who had a central role in drafting the Constitution and the First Amendment, confirmed that he understood them to “[s] trongly guard  ... the separation between Religion and Government.””
“Other conservative groups blasted her role in drafting the Employment Nondiscrimination Act, a bill that would ban employers from discriminating on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity.”
“If you are not in a group, you can still vote yes or no to particular amendments or resolutions, but your access to drafting is much more limited.”
“LD carriers (especially AT&T) had a big role in drafting it.”
“I was remarking to someone over GChat earlier tonight that part of the problem with Obama seems to be, perhaps, his genuine respect for the separation of powers; beyond the mere politics of cover he seems to actually want Congress to do its own work in drafting legislation.”
“Mr. Sorensen also played an important part in drafting the president's first speech to the nation on the crisis.”
“Last year, Camp took a leading role in drafting the Republican alternative to "Obamacare.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘drafting’.
Use these and get promoted
List of technical terms commonly used by cyclists but often not found in regular dictionaries.
Looking for tweets for drafting.