from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The process or art of finding candidates for a post in an organization, or of recruits for the armed forces
- n. A style or process of recruiting
- n. The addition of new recruits to a population.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act or process of recruiting; especially, the enlistment of men for an army.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act or business of recruiting; the act of raising new supplies of men for an army or a navy.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the act of getting recruits; enlisting people for the army (or for a job or a cause etc.)
recruit + -ment, (French: recrutement) (Wiktionary)