American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. The act of one that taps.
- n. The process or means by which something is tapped.
- n. Something that is taken or drawn by tapping.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- The act or process of boring a hole in a pipe, cask, or any similar object for the insertion of a spigot or faucet.
- In surgery, paracentesis, or the operation of giving vent to fluid which has collected in some space, as that of the pleura or peritoneum.
- n. The act of giving taps or slight and gentle blows; also, a series of taps.
- n. In foundry work, the operation of jarring or shaking the pattern in the loam by striking it gently to release it without disturbing the loam.
- n. An act of making a light hit or strike against something.
- n. music A guitar technique in which the strings are tapped against the fingerboard
- v. present participle of tap.
- n. the sound of light blow or knock
“Among those survivors is Monica Guzman, 26, who writes The Big Blog, which she describes as tapping into "the conversation about news in Seattle, whatever stories are getting buzz, whatever people seem to be most interested in talking about.”
“Perhaps I was dreaming – influenced by the sound of the wind whipping around outside the house, the building creaking and the rain tapping on the windows, but it seemed very real.”
“The dialogue can be longer than this and often includes statements of forgiving and gratitude, which assist me in tapping in to more of my peace and understanding.”
“Another benefit to the Roth 401 (k): If upon leaving your company you roll your account balance over to a Roth IRA, you won't be subject to a requirement that you begin tapping the account after reaching age 70 [frac12].”
“Only a republican would be shameless enough to utter the phrase "freedom for the american people" after participating in tapping every telephone and internet connection in the country!”
“Yeah, the foot tapping is some kind of universal signal.”
“It's quite nice when your collections are referred to as 'tapping the zeitgeist.”
“He turned to see Corporal Martin tapping his watch.”
“The wire tapping is another one of their ideas now the government can keep a closer eye on each and everyone of us.”
“One finger moving around the track pad moves the mouse, one finger tapping clicks, two fingers moving around scrolls up/down/left/right and two fingers tapping is the equivalent of right click.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘tapping’.
includes words of the "Prodcom list"
There are thousands of sign languages and possibly millions of gestures in human communication but not all of them have a name. Some are understood everywhere, some are understood everywhere but di...
Listening to this as an audio book for the second time. Tim O'Brien uses simple words and phrases to great effect. Very few unfamilar and big words . The writing style reminds me of words from Joh...
Just words I like, think stand out in the poem, or are more significant than other words.
Looking for tweets for tapping.